- 1 in 91 children (formally 1 in 150 up until 2009 and 1 in 10,000 in the early 1990s)
- 1 in 58 boys
- Fastest growing developmental disability
- More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than cancer, diabetes, Downs Syndrome and AIDS combined.
- Approximately 1 million individuals in the US have autism
- Studies have shown that environmental toxins like mercury and pesticides can trigger autism.
- There has been no study that has directly linked a pure genetics basis for autism.
- The fastest growing genetic disorders increase at anapproximate rate of 1% per 100 years. Autism is growing at a much greater rate.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
New Autism Statistics Published by the CDC
In October the CDC (Center for Disease Control) released new Autism rate statistics, the rate of Autism continues to grow rapidly: