- 1 in 91 children (formally 1 in 150 up until 2009 and 1 in 10,000 in the early 1990s)
- 1 in 58 boys
- Fastest growing developmental disability
- More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than cancer, diabetes, Downs Syndrome and AIDS combined.
- Approximately 1 million individuals in the US have autism
- Studies have shown that environmental toxins like mercury and pesticides can trigger autism.
- There has been no study that has directly linked a pure genetics basis for autism.
- The fastest growing genetic disorders increase at anapproximate rate of 1% per 100 years. Autism is growing at a much greater rate.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
In October the CDC (Center for Disease Control) released new Autism rate statistics, the rate of Autism continues to grow rapidly: