Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Absence & Jordan's Healing from Autism Update

It’s been awhile since I’ve written, so thought I’d better fill you in for those of you who read this regularly.

The absence of my presence here…we were traveling for 5 weeks AND I became a CNHP (Certified Natural Health Professional) so I was doing lots of studying and no writing. The trip was great! The courses, instruction and studying were phenominal! I’m definately on information overload, but I also learned I’m totally on the right track with Jordan and his health stuff and there’s also so much deeper that I can go! And, I can start helping the rest of the family with their (and my) health issues too.

For the update on Jordan…we are doing GREAT. Jordan is improving so much it’s unbelievable. He basically acts like a normal 2 year old. He is still a little behind on his speech and maybe slightly on some of his cognitive understanding and and has some quirks like some OCD (obsessive compulsive) behaviors and certain things that he just can’t handle (like a car being off the ground), and he still has supersonic hearing, but all in all he is doing superb. He even has put on weight and filled out a little and he grew over a 3/4 of an inch in the last 5 weeks. Occasionally, I have to remind him he can use words instead of scream, but as soon as I remind him (mid-blood curdling scream), he immediately stops screaming and says, “Oh” in the most calm natural voice and proceeds to repeat whatever I’ve reminded him to say. It’s absolutely adorable. Of course I say something like, “Jordan, you don’t need to scream, just say, ‘Please, may I have juice’.” And he says, “Oh” (pause) ”Pease haf jus.” It’s like he’s so used to screaming to communicate, every so often he forgets he can say the words now. It’s great. A simple reminder and all is calm and well. He is mostly smiles and happiness and is really just enjoying life. What a dramatic change!

That’s all for now. Thanks for keeping up!

No comments:

Post a Comment